ETLToolSuite-WorkflowScripts - Data Load Example
This read me will be a walkthrough on loading the Docker Quick Start database.
Author: Thomas DeSain
This example was validated on a Mac and AMI Linux terminals
- Run following docker command in on your machine hosting Quick Start Stack: ( Take note of the IPv4Address for the quickstart_db_1 container it will be needed in upcoming steps )
docker network inspect quickstart_public | grep -A4 quickstart_db_1
- Open bash connection to your ETL Client Docker
docker exec -it etl-client bash
- Use git to clone this project to a dir of your choosing. Change username to your git user.
git clone https://github.com/hms-dbmi/ETLToolSuite-WorkflowScripts
- Navigate to the following dir:
- Execute following command to load your Docker DB ( docker host name of ip will be the IPv4Address found in step 1. )
bash ExampleLoad.sh <path_to_generated_entity_files> <docker_host_name_or_ip> <username_and_password_for_docker_db>Example:
bash ExampleLoad.sh /configurations/ETLToolSuite-EntityGenerator/completed 172.18.0.1 pdbadmin/password
- You can verify all the data was loaded successfully by running following command and visiting your quickstart application.
cat *.log | grep -B1 -A4 'Rows successfully loaded'